The Board of Directors for the Papillion Community Foundation is comprised of individuals who live or work in the community.
Board of Directors
- Margaret White – President – Papio Fun Park
- Curtis Rainge – Vice-President – Sarpy County Sheriff’s Office, Community Relations
- Peggy Woltman, Treasurer – SAC Federal Credit Union
- Lori Thomas, Executive Committee member-at-large (Arthur J. Gallagher & Co)
- Bill Bianco – Bianco Stroh, LLC
- Michael Borden – Papillion Local Fire Union 3767
- Jodi Culp – Black Hills Energy
- Lowell Ferguson – Pinnacle Bank
- Mike Neuzil, (retired)
- Ashley Rydl, SAC Federal Credit Union
- Joyce Stranglen – Papillion Junior Women’s Club
- Mark Vanderheiden - GinaV PT
- Michael Rukstalis, DVM - Papillion Animal Hospital
- Travis David, Great Western Bank
- Jerod Franck - Franck Chiropractic
Laura L. Schwartz
Laura Schwartz started with the Papillion Community Foundation in July of 2017. Schwartz comes to the Foundation with over 26 years of experience in wellness, customer experience and philanthropy. She is a passionate community advocate and has been a resident of Papillion for 18 years. Her corporate experience includes roles at Hewlett Packard Corporation, Prairie Life Fitness and Papillion LaVista Community Schools. Her duties included wellness development, project management, program planning, policy compliance and process development, event planning and fundraising. As a military wife for over 28 years she chaired numerous family support groups, Yellow Ribbon Events, and completed Family Readiness Group certification that focused on budgetary management and ethics.
In her new role, Mrs. Schwartz will be responsible for implementing the policies and directives of the Board of Directors and overall growth strategies of the Foundation. She will concentrate on monitoring and increasing the Foundation’s Assets. She will also work closely with the City of Papillion, donors, other nonprofit organizations, corporate leaders as well as engaged citizens to continue to strengthen Papillion through creative philanthropy, vision and leadership. “It will absolutely be my honor to work with the Foundation’s Board, donors, and community partners to continue to make Papillion one of the best small cities in America” comments Mrs. Schwartz “and I am very excited about this opportunity to serve the community of Papillion.”
The mission of the Papillion Community Foundation is to identify, develop and support community programs that enhance the quality of life in Papillion. As the driving force behind community events like Papillion Days, Winter Wonderland and the Veterans Memorial Park Honor Wall the Foundation prides itself on providing high quality events that lift up our community. Papillion Community Foundation aims to balance the various needs of the community by supporting projects which enhance the quality of life for those living in Papillion. Each year the Foundation designates funds to give back to the community through their charitable grants process.
Laura and her husband Gerry have two sons. When she is not working at the Foundation Mrs. Schwartz enjoys time spent being active with her family, cooking and DIY projects.